Monday 25 April 2011

Motorola Xoom USB drivers on Vista

Yeah, yeah! I have Vista on my main PC. Only as it came with it and I can't afford (too tight to buy) Windows 7. So I plugged in my Motorola Xoom and up came the open device window with no options. I could not see the storage in the device? Help!

So I found out that the Motorola driver installation software does nothing to help.

Next I found the fix which was to enable USB debugging (go to Settings, then tap Applications; Development, and check the box next to USB debugging).

Problem solved? No, it was already activated when I plugged in!

Well this is finally fixed by unplugging the USB. Deactivating USB debugging. Reconnecting the cable, and let it fail. Disconnecting the cable again and reactive the USB debugging. Then plug in the USB again. Follow?

Anyway it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment